Sunday 8 January 2017

Hot Wheels Star Wars Ships

 Recently various toy's from the Force Awakens have started hitting the shelves in discount super markets here in the UK, among them are spaceships from Hot Wheel's. Now the fighters are far to big to be of any real use, but the capital ships are nicely sized.
 Imperial and First Order Star Destroyers, fairly well detailed and easy to to paint up with a bit of dry brushing.
 This is a First Order Troop Transport, they made it around the same size as a Star Destroyer. Its nice and chunky, and I could really see this as a bulk cruiser, or a carrier in games of Full Thrust or the like.
Hot Wheels ships alongside on of the De Agostini Destroyers that were released a few years back, they scale up fairly well together, though I think the Hot Wheels ships are more detailed.

4 comments:

  1. I saw these nice models and considered painting them but.. why does the Empire have to be so *boring*? What's wrong with a red Star Destroyer? Or some stripes? Maybe some dazzle camo... ooh I think I just gave myself an idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A red Star Destroyer - Errant Venture? :D

      Delete
    2. Well you can always paint them how you like :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I have a Hot Wheels one upstairs of which I'm very fond. These new ones look rather tempting!

    ReplyDelete